Changes to Family Composition (Adding or Removing)?
ALL CHANGES MUST BE MADE WITHIN 30 DAYS of the CHANGE.
It is the responsibility of the head of household to report any changes in family responsibility in a timely manner.
The following is general information for individuals who have changes in family composition who participate in the subsidy program of the Housing Authority of the City of Waterbury.
Family Composition (Adding or Removing Members of the Household)
Adding another person as an occupant to your subsided household unit:
- Written permission from the landlord that the individual(s) may be added to the household & the lease.
- Birth Certificates and Social Security Cards for each individual being added.
- Current proof of income for each individual being added.
- Individuals 18 years of age or older MUST sign an “Authorization for the Release of Information” form.
- Criminal background check will be run for all adults (18 years of age or older). Individuals that have a history of drug related or violent criminal activity will be denied and can not reside in the subsidized unit. Allowing unauthorized individuals not approved through the WHA will result in termination from the program. (Informal Hearing can be requested)
- If individuals are approved the caseworker will complete necessary changes and an appointment will be set up for you to sign documentation.
Removing a family member as an occupant from your subsided household unit, you MUST provide at LEAST Two (2)* or (3) forms specified below:
Adult Family Members
If an adult member who was formerly a member of the household is reported permanently absent by the family, the WHA will consider at Least Two (2)* of the following documented actions as verification:
- Husband or wife institutes divorce action, documentation required
- Husband or wife institutes legal separation, documentation required
- Order of protection/restraining order obtained by one family member against another with a different residential address.
- Proof of another home address:
- Official Correspondence
- Pay Stubs
- Tax Documents
- Utility Bills
- Canceled checks for rent
- Drivers license, DMV ID, Vehicle Registration or Insurance card
- Lease or rental agreement
- Notarized statement from the Landlord or Manager that the adult family member is no longer living at that location *(3 Forms Needed)
- Notarized statement from the Head of Household that the adult family member is no longer living at that location *(3 Forms Needed)
- Statements from other agencies such as social services
- If the adult family member is incarcerated, a document from the Court or prison should be obtained stating how long they will be incarcerated.
Other (Minors) Family Members
If a minor who was formerly a member of the household is reported permanently absent by the family, the HA will consider two (2) of the following documented actions as verification: